Valuing your Musical Creativity

A decade of achievement – Protecting and valuing your musical creativity.

To commemorate its 10th year in operation, JACAP at its 10th Annual General Meeting held on Sunday 22nd November 2009 at the Knutsford Court Hotel, honoured its founding members who have remained devoted contributors to the development of JACAP.

Shown in photo are original members: (Back row: left to right) Wayne Lattibeaudiere, Steve Golding, Rev. Lindsay Moncrieffe, Ronald “Nambo” Robinson, (front row: left to right) Stainton Campbell, Augustus “Gussie” Clarke, Desmond Young, and Dr. Winsome Miller-Rowe.founders_large

Ezroy Bailey (Photographer)

From a membership of less than 100 members in 1999, JACAP now has a membership of over 2,000. Due to our high standard of service, we have been able to attract this number which includes high profile personalities as well as young aspiring creators of music.artist_collage

(Top) Beenie Man, Tarrus Riley, Ce’cile, DJ. Nicholas, Prodigal Son and Goddy Goddy, (Below) Lutan Fyah, Macka Diamond, Jah Cure, JLee and Ryan Mark

JACAP Public Performance licences are required by premises which use any form of device to play music. These can range from concert and dance halls through to public houses, hotels and restaurants, to ships, aircraft, hairdressers, doctors’ and dentists’ waiting rooms and even telephone ‘music on hold’ systems. A JACAP licence is usually reassessed annually.

A JACAP licence is also required by every radio and television service and almost every satellite service based in Jamaica as well as by cable operators. But these licences only cover the original transmission into private homes not to public places that use radio and/or television to provide entertainment or an ambience for patrons, the general public or staff. The operators of these premises require a separate licence.

The owner or manager of the premises or the promoter of the event, i.e. the person who normally facilitates the music performances taking place - musicians and performers do not have to hold a JACAP licence (unless they are working in one of the aforementioned capacities). A JACAP licence is needed EVEN IF the owner or manager has any of the following:

  • TV, radio or cable licence (issued by the Broadcasting Commission)
  • Local authority entertainment licence or permission (e.g. cinemas, stage shows etc.)Phonographic performance licences.

JACAP launched its upgraded website and invites you to learn more at or visit us at our office located at 21 Connolley Avenue, Kingston 4. Telephone (876)948-6439/593, (876) 578-4917 (Digicel), (876) 922-1638 (Fax).

United Kingdom Free Bets Bookmakers
Revew WillHill Here 100% bonus